The International Association for Social Science and Humanities – (IASSH) welcomes you to the International Virtual Conference on Social Sciences (IVCSS 2020) on 31st of July 2020. IVCSS 2020 is designed with the objective of providing a Virtual Conference experience maximizing opportunities for researchers to develop their career and engage in debates and discussions with the stakeholders pertaining to the field of study. The Conference will comprise of academics, industry researchers, advocates, educators, artists, social workers, and policy makers to together make a significant contribution by imparting and enhancing knowledge for the greater good of the community and the society at large. We encourage abstracts from different schools of thought, disciplinary areas and intellectual discourses.
THEME – “RESPONSES TO THE PANDEMIC: SOCIAL PROTECTION, RESILIENCE AND COMMUNITY WELL-BEING”
- Politics and International Relations
- Law and the Social Sciences
- Humanities and Culture Studies
- Social Sciences and Education
- Gender Studies
- Research / Creation In Visual And Performing Arts
- New Technology And Arts
- Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Applied Arts
- Journalism, Media And Mass Communications
- Art In Society
- Arts Education
- Humanities And Social Sciences
- Cross-cultural studies
- Theology, Religion, Spirituality
DATES OF IMPORTANCE
|Abstract Submission Deadline||limited slot available|
|Abstract Acceptance Notification||Within 3 Days|
|Early Bird Payment Deadline||24th June 2020|
|Regular Payment Deadline||8th July 2020|
|Conference Day||31st July 2020|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||21st August 2020|
If you think you’re a researcher, academician, practitioners or an enthusiastic individual in the following themes it’s time for you to prepare yourself for the conference and your presentation.
To facilitate the submission process and the subsequent follow-up process, please consider the following guidelines, information, tips, terms, and deadlines mentioned
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
GUIDELINES FOR THE ABSTRACT STRUCTURE
- The acceptable word range for the abstract is 175 – 275 words. The abstracts which do not meet this word limit will be sent back to the author(s) to be revised.
- Please download the abstract template and follow the format carefully. If the abstract template is not followed as is, you will be asked for revisions.
- Your submission should be in English.
- We encourage you to send an informative abstract (complete abstract) which is a summary of a paper’s substance including its background, purpose, methodology, results, and conclusion.
- Please send in a brief biography together with the Abstract.
Once you prepared your abstract according to the guidelines,
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
- After successful submission, receipt acknowledging the abstract will be sent via an email within three working days.
ABOUT THE REVIEWING PROCESS OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- IASSH’s double-blind peer review process is conducted by the Conference Secretariat under the guidance of the Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair.
- The Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair serves as the Head of the Scientific Committee and will make the final decision on abstracts.
- Scientific Committee Members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields who have previous peer review experience.
- Every abstract will undergo a double blind peer review by an international Scientific Committee Member within two to three weeks after its receipt.
- Results of the abstract review will be sent to the author within two weeks of submission (Conditions apply if there is an emergency).
- Notices of acceptance or rejection of the paper will be sent to the author with reviewer comments.
- If revisions are required according to the reviewer comments, the revised abstract must be sent back within a week.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to register for the Conference.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CO – AUTHORS
- Please note a single registration permits only one person to attend the conference
- If the co-authors would like to attend the conference, their registration and payment are required to be made independently.
- Co-authors will be given a discount of 15% from the Non-Presenter’s (Listener’s) registration fee.
- The certificate will be issued to co-authors upon their registration/payment for the conference.
- Please make the prior communications with the organizing committee with regard to this matter to enjoy the benefit of the discount.
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
Following the IVCSS 2020 Conference, we provide you with the opportunity to publish your paper in a dedicated special issue with KnowEx Social Sciences journal. Submit your Full paper on or before 21st August 2020.
Deadline for the Abstract Submission
limited slot available
- Early bird payment deadline: 24th June 2020
- Regular Payment deadline: 8th July 2020
If you are not hearing from us
- Contact the main conference coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you do not receive an acknowledgment/follow-up email within 48 hours after your abstract submission, registration or inquiry.
- Please check your spam/junk folder prior to making inquiries regarding your concern.
- Please ensure to provide your mobile phone number in your registration form along with your abstract to ease the communication process.
BENEFITS FOR THE REGISTRATION FEE
- A presentation slot of 15 minutes
- 5 minutes of question and answer session
- Access to all online sessions
- Online networking opportunities
- Your presentation will be evaluated by the evaluation panel members
- Opportunity to publish your full paper in a special issue
- Inclusion of your presentation on the conference website
- Conference materials including the participation certificate (E – Version), Book of Abstracts (E – version) and conference program book (E- Version) will be sent via email
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
All abstracts which are accepted for the IVCSS 2020 will be published in the e-Book of Abstracts bearing ISBN 978-955-3605-73-3
Following the successful conclusion of IVCSS 2020 , we provide you with the opportunity to publish your paper in a dedicated special issue with KnowEx Social Sciences journal. Submit your Full paper on or before 21st August 2020.
IVCSS 2020 – BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
The Social Science Journal
Online ISSN ISSN 1873-5355
Editors Krista Lynn Minnotte, University of North Dakota
Daphne E. Pedersen, University of North Dakota
Publisher Taylor & Francis
Abstracted/Indexed in Scopus, Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science),Sociology of Education Abstracts, Studies on Women Abstracts and many more
SJR Score 0.333 (2018)
Inter-Asia Cultural Studies
Online ISSN 1469-8447
Managing Editor Dr. Yi-ting Lu
Publisher Taylor & Francis
Abstracted/Indexed in Arts and Humanities Citation Index; Communication and Mass Media Complete; Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences; Current Contents/Arts & Humanities; Electronic Collections Online; International Bibliography of the Social Sciences; OCLC; R I L M Abstracts of Music Literature; SCOPUS; Social Sciences Citation Index; Sociological Abstracts; and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Early Bird Payment Deadline – 24th June 2020
REGISTRATION FEES AND PAYMENT DEADLINES
EARLY BIRD (24TH JUNE 2020)
STUDENT – $90
DELEGATE – $110
REGULAR DEADLINE (8TH JULY 2020)
STUDENT – $100
DELEGATE – $120
ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEM
The Online payment system is the fastest and easiest method to pay your registration fee and we recommend you to follow this method. The guidelines for the online payment system are as follows:
STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE,
Step 1 – Register for the conference and get the invoice with the link for the payment
Once you registered for the conference, you will be receiving an email with the invoice and customized link. You can make the payment online using the link
Step 2 – Click the below button to pay
Once you click this button online payment form will appear on your screen. Apply your registration fee in the form as per the invoice you received. Online payment system (Visa/MasterCard) requires you to add an extra 4% to the applicable registration fee as bank service charges. This 4% will be automatically added to the applicable registration fee when you are ready to make the online payment.
IF YOU COULD NOT PAY VIA YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD?
Sometime you may try to pay via this method and fail. It usually happens due to the security process of the banks and means that you need to activate the card for foreign transactions.
If so, follow the below procedure to ensure that the money will be properly transferred:
1) Inform your card holding bank that your payment failed.
2) Inform the bank that you wish to perform an international payment through your card and request them to allow/ verify your card for international payments.
3) Confirm that the card has been verified and continue with the payment.
4) After you get the notification that the payment transaction was completed successfully, send a copy of the receipt for our reference.
**AMEX CARD PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
BANK TRANSFER (TT)
You can pay your registration fee through a bank transfer as per given information below,
FOR FOREIGN PARTICIPANTS
|BANK NAME||Hatton National Bank
479, T. B. Jayah Mawatha (Darley Road),
P.O. Box 837,
Colombo 10, Sri Lanka.
|BENEFICIARY||The International Institute of Knowledge Management(Pvt)Ltd|
|ADDRESS OF BENEFICIARY||#531/18, Kotte Road, Pitakotte, 10100, Sri Lanka.|
|SWIFT CODE (International)||HBLILKLX|
The conference secretariat should receive the exact amount of registration fees. If not, the participant has to pay the balance due at the registration desk.
Therefore, the participant has to add US$ 5-10 for the international transaction cost. Any addition received will be reimbursed at the Registration Desk.
FOR SRI LANKAN PARTICIPANTS
|BANK NAME||Hatton National Bank|
|BENEFICIARY||The International Institute of Knowledge Management(Pvt)Ltd|
ABSTRACTS, REGISTRATIONS AND PAYMENT INQUIRIES
Conference Secretariat : Ms. Amaya Sumanaratne
#531/18, Kotte road, Pitakotte, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94 117 992 022
Hotline: +94 76 573 3737
Contact Person: Ms. Yasodara Pemarathne
Hotline: +94 716 087 122
TP: +94 117 992 022